Friday, November 9, 2012

A quick kind lift


Most of the grocery stores where I live are a bajillion miles away aaaaand I don't have a car. So, I tend to do all of my shopping at the convenient store in my apartment complex. Oakwood Apartments is a maze of millions of identical buildings. I happen to live in the one farthest away from the convenient store. Womp, womp. This tends to make my grocery walk fairly miserable as I attempt to keep all of the bags in my arms, not let the eggs get cracked, or the ice cream melt. Last week I was puttering down the road, bogged down by my heavy bags, and this nice maintenance worker offered me a ride to my building! A bunch of his co-workers had passed me, but he chose to stop. His name was Angel, how fitting haha. Any who, his small choice made a world of a difference for me that afternoon. For once my ice cream didn't have to re-freeze, I didn't crack an egg, and my back wasn't covered in sweat. All thanks to an Angel in a golf cart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment