Friday, November 16, 2012

Kindness in Peru: Guest writer, Sarah Guimond






I’m currently studying abroad in Peru. Every Friday I volunteer at Fundades, an orphanage for children in Peru. 

This Halloween my friend Benja and I made a surprise visit to the kids. These kids don’t have much and I had a feeling that the kids wouldn't go Trick-O-Treating so I went out, decorated some bags and filled them with candy, vampire teeth, and a masks. Benja and I showed up at night and shouted, “Tenemos una sorpresa para todos!” (We have a surprise for all of you!) The kids were soooo excited and thankful. It gave me such a good feeling inside to know I brought a little unexpected happiness into their day. 

These kids are by far some of the best people I have met in Peru! 

Sarita Guimond








No comments:

Post a Comment