Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kindness can bring hilarity.


A few days ago in class my friend Ryan needed to present a powerpoint presentation and seeing as his PC does not cooperate with the projectors at NYFA very well I let Ryan borrow my mac so he could connect his powerpoint to the projector. 

This trade in computers happened before we got to class. When Ryan connected my computer it worked! And up popped my desktop. Except, no one knew it was my computer, and up on the large projector, on what everyone thought to be Ryan's computer's desktop, was a photo of my sister. 

With-out thinking I just reacted to the fact that my sister was on such a large screen. 

"Oh hey, it's my sister!"

There was an incredibly awkward silence in the room that both Ryan and myself did not understand. Then my professor spoke. 

"Ryan, why do you have Melissa's sister as your background?..."

The miscommunication became clear and we explained that it was my computer. We laughed for the rest of the class thinking about how sketchy everyone thought Ryan was for a grand total of 60 seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment