Sunday, February 3, 2013

Another Kind Cabby


Ecstatic to return to L.A. I decided to see a movie on my first night back. I wasn't able to rent a car till the next day so I took a cab. I informed the driver that he was going to be my last taxi ride.  He turned around and said "Oh man! I'm honored!" He was so wonderfully genuine. The ride was only 7 minutes long but somehow our small-talk about where we were from turned into a boisterous discussion about how important it is to listen to yourself and recognize when a change in your life is needed. When we pulled up to the theater he turned the meter off and said "I hope you have a fantastic night and life, I am so glad I was your last cab ride!" I tried to insist that I pay him but he just shook his hand, smiled, and opened the automatic door. Before I left, I snapped this picture of him.

Thank you to this cab driver where ever you are in the world.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful story! And what a nice, happy guy! Too bad you didn't get his name so he could enjoy being appreciated in your blog!

    ReplyDelete